1L Castrol Almaredge 230 K
You are buying the ORIGINAL CASTROL OIL rebottled into one of our bottles
This oil is purchased in bulk from one of Castrol's authorised distributors. We decant the oil into bottles ourselves for sale in smaller quantities. The plastic bottle, cap and label are not original Castrol items. The original Castrol batch numbers are included on the label to provide traceability to the manufacturing batch.
Castrol Almaredge 230 K is a high performance soluble metalworking fluid formulated without boron and formaldehyde releasing agents. It contains an additive package that helps to enhance machining performance and surface finish, provide excellent product stability and support reduction of overall operations costs.
Almaredge 230 K is suitable for large central systems and single sump machines.
Almaredge 230 K is especially designed for machining of aluminium alloys. The product can also be used for machining of low-medium alloyed steel.
- Formulated without formaldehyde releasing agent and boron which help you to fulfil aspects of legislative requirements and waste treatment requirements that specify that these chemicals are excluded
- Extended fluid life can help reduce maintenance and machine downtime
- Low foam in recommended water conditions (see details below)
- Good wetting properties can help reduce coolant drag out and help deliver cleaner machine tools and components
- Suitable for a wide range of materials and applications provides opportunity for product consolidation
This oil should be mixed with water to form a white emulsion. The mixture, commonly known as 'suds', can be applied manually to the metal being cut, or fed from a machine based coolant pump system.
The recommended concentration is as follows
- Grinding 6-7%
- General Machining 6-8%
- Drilling 8-10%
- Reaming and tapping 8-12%
- Broaching 6-12%
The following can be used as a guide to concentrations
- Add 1L Almaredge 230 K to 7L water = 8L Coolant @ 12.5%
- Add 1L Almaredge 230 K to 9L water = 10L Coolant @ 10%
- Add 1L Almaredge 230 K to 11L water = 12L Coolant @ 8%
- Add 1L Almaredge 230 K I to 13L water = 14L Coolant @ 7%
- Add 1L Almaredge 230 K to 15L water = 16L Coolant @ 6%
- Add 1L Almaredge 230 K to 17L water = 18L Coolant @ 5.5%
- Add 1L Almaredge 230 K to 19L water = 20L Coolant @ 5%
This oil has undergone various name changes during its lifetime, but the overall specification of the oil has remained the same and the previous equivalent names for this oil are as follows
- Castrol Cooledge BI
- Castrol Almaredge BI (Reformulated as Almaredge 230K to bring oil inline with latest regulations)
Please check your machine manual for the correct oil specified and ensure you are buying the correct grade of oil for your machine.
If your machine manual specifies a grade of oil that you are finding it difficult to get, then please do get in touch, as we may be able to source it and add it to our stock list.
|HS Code (Customs)||271019|
|Viscosity||99 mm²/s @ 40°C|
|Country of Manufacture||Germany|
|Base Oil Type||Mineral Oil|