1L Houghton (Shell) Dromus B
Other sizes available
Houghton Dromus B is a general purpose water soluble oil for light to moderate duty machining on a wide range of materials.
This oil should be mixed with water to form a white emulsion. The mixture, commonly known as 'suds', can be applied manually to the metal being cut, or fed from a machine based coolant pump system.
The recommended concentration for general machining is 6-8%, although it can be used in higher concentrations for difficult machining tasks. The following can be used as a guide to concentrations
- Add 1L Dromus B to 7L water = 8L Coolant @ 12.5%
- Add 1L Dromus B to 9L water = 10L Coolant @ 10%
- Add 1L Dromus B to 11L water = 12L Coolant @ 8%
- Add 1L Dromus B to 13L water = 14L Coolant @ 7%
- Add 1L Dromus B to 15L water = 16L Coolant @ 6%
- Add 1L Dromus B to 17L water = 18L Coolant @ 5.5%
- Add 1L Dromus B to 19L water = 20L Coolant @ 5%
This oil has undergone various name changes during its lifetime, but the specification of the oil has remained the same and the previous equivalent names for this oil are as follows
- Shell Dromus B
|Country of Manufacture||United Kingdom|
|Base Oil Type||Mineral Oil|